In the previous post, I mentioned that I had the opportunity to visit French Broad Chocolate Lounge.
I also mentioned that we were given a huge one pound chocolate bar to take home. There was enough chocolate to make several recipes. This chocolate is so rich and has a distinct flavor and can be used in many recipes. If you click on the link above, you can view all of the delicious items that are on the menu at The Chocolate Lounge. I had a chance to try the Highland Mocha Stout Cake and it was amazing. I want to go back and try a little bit of everything!
I decided to make Chocolate Molten Lave Cake with a small portion of the bar. You can make this with any chocolate, but I highly recommend using French Broad Chocolates.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. ( Hover over pictures to see directions or click on photo for slide show.)
It may take a few tries to get the timing for your oven. It is very easy to over bake. But, if that happens, you just end up with a very moist and tasty sponge cake! No worries.
- 6 (1-ounce) squares of semi sweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons (1-1/4 stick) butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate liqueur
- whipped cream (optional)
- cinnamon (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease 6 (6-ounce) baking pans.
- Melt the chocolates and butter in the microwave and combine.
- Add the flour and sugar to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the egg yolks until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla and chocolate liqueur.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Divide the batter evenly among the custard cups.
- Place filled baking pans in the oven and bake for 13 minutes.
- The edges should be set and crisp and the center should be a warm liquid center.
- Invert onto a serving dish and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Can also add a dollop of whipped cream and dash of cinnamon.